Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hand-picked, fair trade jellybeans.

Not a heck of a lot in knitting news. I've been working slowly on a lace project but haven't made much progress. I'm also still knitting a pair of cabled socks but it requires me to concentrate pretty hard on the cable chart, and I've just been too busy to dedicate the time to thinking so hard about something. I am not very good at cable charts, as it turns out!

BUT! There has been an abundance of creativity nevertheless! Last night my bridesfolk came over and helped me assemble our wedding favours. It was complicated work: a lot of stamping, gluing, grommet-hammering, tying, and jellybean wrangling, but it all paid off. I think they look absolutely spectacular, even if they're just simple little bags of jellybeans. I also can't thank Ms. Soho enough for agreeing to hand-write every single one of those 70 tags.  Her writing was just perfect for what we were trying to do.

Favours ahoy!


That's a big tray of favours! The ribbons are green and brown, and much lighter than the picture shows.



The green script in the background is in German! I have no idea what it says, but it sure was a beautiful stamp.

The back, hand-written by my amazing Maid of Honour.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, how many jelly beans did you have to promise her to write all of the tags?

    Also TELL ME THE FLAVOURS. Are they vanilla/chocolate/apple?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are vanilla/rootbeer/pear! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete