Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Jingle Boo!

Ok, I said I wasn't going to knit any Christmas presents this year, so I may have just shot myself in the foot by casting on two last-minute gifts. I put down my own Ringwood gloves so I could knit a pair for my mother-in-law. There was some incredible Viola DK in a silvery/grey merino/silk at the Purl, anI just couldn't resist it. And then I found out my aunt is coming for Christmas a I decided to knit her a hat. This may be her last year: she's been battling cervical and bowel cancer for the past year and so far her prognosis is uncertain. So I splurged and got some gorgeous Mirasol in alpaca/silk/merino which is pretty much the softest thing I have ever touched, and I am going to whip out a nice warm hat for her. Bless!

It has been cold and snowy here! Toronto hasn't gotten much, only about 7 or 8cm, but out London way they're buried in about 2m of snow, so I hear! Downtown Toronto looks wonderful and Christmasy and I'm finally getting into the spirit of things. If I didn't have this damn paper to write I would go out shopping today and do a bit of wrapping and baking. Alas, research calls.

This post has been very difficult to type as there's an adorable orange kitty trying to sit on my keyboard. He is all ready for Christmas! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment