Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer hatin'

Go away, Summer. You are too hot and not nearly stormy enough for my liking. The only nice thing about you is that my apartment is air conditioned and so cold that I wear knitted socks to bed. But you still suck, Summer.

I have been spinning, spinning, spinning for TdF, although not nearly as much as I had hoped since classes have started up again for me (Latin! Vae mihi!) and I am also working on an independent research project as well as trying to, you know, plan a wedding. I've been in major productivity mode since being back in class every day and I am getting shit done. Last weekend Nathan and I reorganized our entire apartment, moving furniture around and throwing crap out and dumping a lot of stuff on the curb for other people to recycle (seriously, it was ALL gone within 12 hours!) It was an awful lot of hard work, but really rewarding, because now our tiny, tiny apartment has very clearly defined areas -- study, living room, dining, kitchen -- and it flows so nicely. We even have a coffee table like REAL GROWN-UPS. And we have room to put the leaf in the dining table and seat six people around it!

As part of our huge cleaning effort I did an overhaul on my knitting and fibre stash and made room on one of our larger storage units for all of it. Now I have a pretty big fibre station which is wonderfully organized and stores all my stuff very nicely and I like to sit on my armchair and admire it all and sometimes even knit some of it. Pics to follow! :D

My chair is also right next to the a/c vent. Oh, glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment